Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Employment standard

About the question Do I need to work overtime if the boss ask me to I thought that you have the right to choose but I was surprised when the answer was that the it is required. For the question Can I work a split shift from 6am-10am and 7pm-11pm I thought that you can because you can choose But you can't because the shifts are too close. Do I have to attend meetings on a day off , Yes you do because it a part from you are job eve you are not working. Will I get time and a half if I work on Christmas day , Boxing , New years eve and New years day . Yes you will get time and a half only on Christmas day and New years day . Can I work in a restaurant for 5$ plus tips which is going to bring my salary to 8$ - No you can't work it's illegal because the minimum wage is 8$ per hour.

No comments: